A morning of trail running, wine, olive and beer tasting in the village of Darling – an hour up the West coast from Cape Town.
Run Cape Town – Sightseeing on the Run has paired up with Darling Brew, craft brewers based in Darling, to offer a half-day tour of Darling.
We meet at the Slow Quarter, Darling Brew’s tap room (in Darling’s Main Road) at 8am in summer (a little later in winter) and the entire tour lasts approximately 5 hours. Thereafter guests are welcome to stay and enjoy a leisurely afternoon, sampling the variety of beers offered by Darling Brew at the Slow Quarter.
- Meeting Point: Slow Quarter, Main Road, Darling
- Distance: Choose from 7.5km or 8.5km route options. It is not a very technical route and is perfect for all levels of runners. The idea is that guests run at their own pace, so you don’t need to be a super fit runner to enjoy this experience! Your running guide will carry water doing the tour.
- Price: R550 per person, which includes:
- A guided 7.5km or 8.5km trail run on a beautiful working farm in Darling, with information about the history of Darling and the surrounding area
- Olive and Chocolate tasting at Darling Olives on the Yzerfontein Road
- Wine Tasting at the Darling Wine Shop, Main Road Darling
- Beer tasting and lunch platter shared between two people at the Slow Quarter, Darling Brew’s tap room in Main Road, Darling
- Photos which are sent to guests electronically after the tour
- Important Notes:
- Walking tours can be arranged where preferred
- Tours limited to a minimum of 4, maximum 8 people
- Own transport to Darling, as well as between the farms, required
- Transfers from / back to Cape Town can be arranged, at an additional cost