Run Cape Town Corporate Running Events – Unique, Active and Authentic Sightseeing!
With an increase in the numbers of local and visiting runners, we have found that guided running tours have quickly become a popular corporate event – both as a team building exercise and as an active yet cultural activity that can be incorporated into the schedule of a conference or incentive program.
The beauty of a running tour is that participants get to sightsee and exercise at the same time. A running tour can take place in the early morning, at midday or in the late afternoon – all around the scheduled business activities and meetings of the day.
Participants are met at their place of accommodation and guided through the city by local Cape Town running guides back to the starting point, providing an eco-friendly service that gets business visitors to Cape Town out of the confines of the boardroom or the hotel gym!
For corporate events, we recommend a Historical City Centre Running Tour, which traces the founding of the city of Cape Town and takes in the major historical landmarks such as the Castle of Good Hope, the City Hall, Company’s Gardens, the Bo-Kaap and the V & A Waterfront.
Routes can be adapted to distances of 5km – 12km.
Additional routes (which may require transport to/from the starting point) include:
• Lion’s Head Trail Run: Pristine single track and fantastic 360 degree views (5km or 9km options)
• Table Mountain Trail Run: Run across a contour path on the face of one of the New 7 Wonders of the Natural World (approx. 7km)
• Run Gugulethu: Get up-close-and personal with the sights, sounds and people of this thriving community, with a local “Gugs” running guide (5km – 10km options)
Tailor-made routes specific to a particular location / point of interest can also be organised.
- Times & Distance: Personalised according to the needs of the event
- Price: R300 per person for group runs
- Group Size: Minimum 4, maximum 8 participants per group
Running tours are only cancelled due to severe weather conditions, to be determined by the running guide.